- “Arriving into the office the following morning, with the award in hand, was a powerful feeling…” CMC Hygea share their experience of winning the IMSTA Best Primary Care/ Community Service Award at 2016’s IMSTA’s for their product LUCA (Leg Ulcer Cleaning Aid) sponsored by MANGAN O’BEIRNE, Solicitors.
Founded in 2013, CMC Hygea is based in Waterford City and specialises in innovation and design in Antimicrobial Pathogen resistant “Class 1 Medical devices for ... Read more
- IMSTA Joins Eucomed
IMSTA joins Eucomed
Eucomed is an organisation advocating for the interests of the medical device industry in Europe. It represents directly and indirectly 4,500 designers, manufacturers and suppliers of medical technology used in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. Eucomed represents a total of 11,000 legal entities in Europe. It is part of MedTech Europe, an alliance with EDMA, the European Diagnostics Manufacturers Association.
Among its members, ... Read more
- Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare. Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare.
Click here for more information on HIHI. Visit the HIHI website for details on the Call and application process
- IMSTA AWARDS 2016 – More information and Entry Forms IMSTA AWARDS 2016 – More information and Entry Forms Read more
- New regulations that will enhance patient safety and facilitate access to new technology welcomed The medical technology industry welcomes the vote on the consolidated medical device and in vitro diagnostics regulation texts by representatives of the Council and the Parliament on Wedneday 15th June.
The Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) Committee of the European Parliament and Council’s Committee of Permanent Representatives (COREPER) voted to endorse the trilogue agreement. ... Read more
- CONGRATULATIONS TO IMSTA AWARD WINNERS 2016
- WELCOME NEW COUNCIL MEMBER, MARK COFFEY, Johnson & Johnson
Following IMSTA’s AGM on 6th April last, we are pleased to announce that Mark Coffey, Country Manager, Johnson & Johnson Medical, has been elected to Council.
David Duffy, Prospectus, and Paul Mullaly, B. Braun, have retired from Council and we would like to extend our thanks to David and Paul for all their work on behalf of ... Read more
- What does Value-Based Health Care actually mean? Value-based health care is an emerging paradigm which has the power to change health care as we know it, but in order to achieve real impact, it must be applied to the key decisions that make up care delivery.
Several hospitals, procurement and even regional health authorities, have started including health care quality and longer-term cost ... Read more
- All the latest tender notices at your fingertips on www.imsta.ie Home page
IMSTA is pleased to announce an extension of our partnership with TenderScout to provide up-to-date medical and surgical supplies government opportunities on our own IMSTA website.
Members can now browse the list of open tenders and click through to gain more details on those of interest, or to browse through TenderScout’s global database of qualified government ... Read more
- HPRA focuses on distributors We have mentioned many times before that the Health Products Regulatory Authority (formerly the Irish Medicines Board – IMB) is about to introduce fees for distributors of medical devices. This will happen this year – 2016 – though the fees may only be payable from 1st January 2017, we’ll have to wait and see.
The reason ... Read more