- “Another excellent IMSTA conference this week. I found it very useful . .”
The IMSTA Annual MedTech Conference held on 6th April in the Crowne Plaza in Santry is one of only two flagship events that the medical supply industry puts on every year. The event presents an opportunity to have industry issues publicly debated by recognised experts. The participation of senior figures from the Irish health system ... Read more
- €5m allocated to Health Innovation Hub Ireland to foster links between Irish health service and vital new technologies
A pioneering partnership between private sector companies and the health service to develop groundbreaking Irish healthcare products and research and use them to benefit Irish patients has been set up by the Government.
Minister for Jobs Richard Bruton and Minister for Health Leo Varadkar have announced €5 million in funding over five years for the Health ... Read more
- National Medical Device eAlert System
A newly developed National Medical Device eAlert System designed to streamline the management of medical device safety notices within the public health system was launched at the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland on November 30th. Developed by the HSE National Medical Devices Equipment Management Committee, in collaboration with the Quality Improvement Division (QID) and ... Read more
- PROCUREMENT: The Unexpected Driver of Value-Based Health Care Value-based procurement of medical technology is already a reality in Europe. Several contracting authorities are using health care quality and longer-term cost impact considerations in their procurement decisions. This enables them to take patient outcomes into consideration as well as other qualitative criteria, along with the total lifecycle cost and longer-term costs of ... Read more
- Code of Ethics News and Christmas Hospitality/Gift Notice MedTech Europe has agreed to phase out direct sponsorship of healthcare professionals to third-party medical conferences. After two years of work, Eucomed and EDMA codes of ethics have been updated and a single MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice has been established. On 2nd December, all Medtech Europe members voted at their Annual General ... Read more
- IMSTA MEDTECH AWARDS 2015 Joe Brolly and Mark Pollock Help Recognise and Inspire the Med Tech Industry, at Awards Night.
Joe Brolly was this year’s master of ceremony at the IMSTA MedTech Awards, held in Croke Park on Thursday evening. Guest speaker on the night was Northern Ireland adventurer Mark Pollock. However the big prize on the night went to ... Read more
- NEW APPROACHES for procuring Effective Healthcare Solutions Download New Approaches Report (PDF 6.4MB)
Procurement of medical technology, done properly, and with an eye toward factors other than short-term price, can greatly enhance value and efficiency in the health care system. Procurement should thus emerge as a partner to innovation and value in ensuring sustainability, access and quality in the Irish health care system.
This ... Read more
- Minister Announces Hospital Groups and Publishes The Framework for Smaller Hospitals The Minister for Health, Dr. James Reilly TD today (Tuesday, 14 May, 2013) announced a reorganisation of public hospitals into more efficient and accountable hospital groups that will deliver improved outcomes for patients. This represents the most fundamental reform of the Irish acute hospital system in decades.
The Government’s decision regarding the establishment and operation of ... Read more
- IMSTA responds to submission on Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives 18.12.2014
Following consultations within our industry, IMSTA has responded to the Public Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives. IMSTA believes our response reflects the local perspective and is consistent with the positions of other national medtech trade associations.
IMSTA’s response can be viewed on the link below.
Response ... Read more
- Director General of the HSE Launches IMSTA Conference 30.3.2015
Director General of the HSE Launches IMSTA Conference
Director General of the HSE, Mr Tony O’Brien, this morning (25th) launched the Irish Medical and Surgical Trade Association’s (IMSTA) Conference. The conference took place in the Crown Plaza near Santry.
“Events like today are important to help us transform from what I often reference as the industrial age ... Read more