- Over 100 members attend Annual Conference
WOW, what a conference! 180 attendees. The biggest ever member attendance. Representation from DoH, HSE, HIQA, HPRA, new hospital groups, VHI, BEAI, clinicians, researchers, academics, innovators – all reported that they thought it was a most informative event for them.
If you were there, you can see the Mind Map generated by our excellent MC for ... Read more
- IMSTA MEMBERS GET ACCREDITED
Are YOU proud of the training you provide with product placement?
YES ? THEN GET YOUR TRAINING ACCREDITED
IMSTA is delighted to announce to its members today that we have a new strategic alliance with the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The Faculty is ideally placed to support IMSTA members ... Read more
- Company Law Update – Mangan O’Beirne 27.5.2015
The Companies Act, 2014 (applicable from 1 June, 2015) consolidates all existing company law in Ireland.
It is the largest reform of company law undertaken in half a century and is intended to simplify running a business in Ireland.
IMSTA’s legal counsel Alan Wallace of Mangan O’Beirne has provided a summary on the main parts of the ... Read more
- Health Policy Paper 2015 28.05.2015
Firstly, a huge THANK YOU! to the nineteen (19) IMSTA members to have pledged funding for this very important project. We have covered off 76.5% of our budget to date. Late-comer pledges will be graciously received!
As you know IMSTA is in the process of finalising a Health Policy Paper which we will use to ensure ... Read more
- European Parliament approves committee report, paving the way to achieve balanced EU rules on medical devices Plenary session endorsed essential measures that strengthen patient safety and improved the approaches on the approval system. The vote still leaves significant questions regarding the safety level for re-processing of medical devices. Overall, with this vote Parliament creates a good basis for constructive discussions and further improvements with Member States.
Brussels, 22 October 2013 – Eucomed, ... Read more
- Minister Reilly publishes eHealth Strategy for Ireland 30.01.2014
The Minister for Health, Dr James Reilly TD, published the eHealth Strategy for Ireland, the Health Identifiers Bill 2013 and announced the recruitment of a Chief Information Officer for the health services.
“The eHealth Strategy will put Ireland in a position to fully exploit all of the many benefits which today’s information and communication technology has ... Read more
- ENTERPRISE IRELAND Innovation Partnership for Medical Device and Associated Companies Background to the Opportunity for Companies
In the last 20 years, the Irish Medical Device and associated sectors have been a major success, showing strong growth in both indigenous and multinational companies.
Among the established subsectors in Ireland are Cardiovascular and Cardiac Rhythm Management, Orthopaedics, Opthalmic and in vitro and in vivo Diagnostics.
While maintaining leadership in manufacturing ... Read more
- Medical Device Legislation Update 4.09.2014
The Commission Formal Proposal published in September 2012 is expected to be adopted as new legislation by the end of next year, 2015. The final shape of the legislation is far from decided at this point in time and what will finally emerge will probably be quite different from what we have today.
One of the ... Read more
- IMSTA welcomes new Minister & provides Report on how medical technology can save economy €1 billion IMSTA, the association representing medical technology supply companies in Ireland, welcomed the new Minister for Health and provided him with an independent report on how medical technology improves patient healthcare, reduces in-patients hospital stays and can save the Government to €1 billion over the next 4 years.
IMSTA CEO, Mr. Justin Carty, said that the recently ... Read more
- IMSTA Annual Industry Medtech Awards Ceremony & Dinner
The IMSTA Annual Industry Medtech Awards Ceremony & Dinner took place on Thursday 3rd October at the Aviva Stadium in Ballsbridge.
The event, sponsored this year by Toyota Ireland, was attended by 180 manufacturers, distributors, stakeholders, clinicians and representatives from the wider industry to celebrate the outstanding contribution made by companies and individuals to the development ... Read more