- Medica leads to NHS partnership for IMSTA Member PMD Solutions Ltor: Michael Collins, Irish Ambassador to Germany, Dr Tom Kelly – Head of Industrial, Lifesciences and Consumer Division at Enterprise Ireland, Sean Kinsella, PMD Solutions CTO, Anne Dorney, PMD Solutions, CFO, Pat Breen, Minister for Trade, Employment, Business, EU Digital Single Market and Data Protection and Myles Murray, PMD Solution CEO.
Provider of respiratory monitoring technology ... Read more
- IMSTA Members attend updated Code of Ethics Business Breakfast With the implementation deadline for the updated MedTech Code of Ethical Business Practice less than 1 month away, IMSTA hosted a Breakfast Briefing to inform members of the two major changes which they should be aware of. Melanie Robertson (Siemens Healthineers), Chairperson of the Code of Ethics Group, kindly updated members of the following changes:
Stopping ... Read more
- HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATED INFECTIONS MED TECH Europe have shared the attached HAI updated brochure. It is important to note that this is a revamp and update of an already existing information sheet, with new data, new calls for action (in line with our position paper) and a clear link made between AMR and HAIs. The brochure showcases the different ... Read more
- IMSTA SUBMISSION to Public consultation on draft HPRA guidance document completed IMSTA SUBMISSION to Public consultation on draft guidance document relating to distribution of medical devices (including IVDs) completed.
Please follow links to view documents:
IMSTA feedback on HPRA Draft Guide to Distribution of Medical Devices final
- MES SEMINAR – 21st April – Presentations now available “This is a must see event for IMSTA members who want to compete for MES contracts in the future.”
THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE:
Dr. Joris van den Hurk, Care IQ, The Netherlands – “Introduction to Managed Equipment Services (MES); An International Perspective”
Caroline Finlay, MTS Health UK – “Managed Services – The Value Proposition”
Nancy West, Head ... Read more
- The Future Lies in Value-Based Healthcare: Why we need to encourage our customers to base procurement decisions on more than the purchasing price Justin Carty, CEO of IMSTA spoke with Irish Times journalist Sylvia Thompson
The cheapest product rarely gives customers the best value, according to Justin Carty, the CEO of the Irish Medical and Surgical Trade Association. Representing products ranging from bandages to CAT scans, Carty has to navigate a careful route when promoting the medical device industry to ... Read more
- IMSTA supports MedTech Week 19-23 June 2017 #MedTechWeek 2017 activities out now!
From 19 – 23 June IMSTA , Medtech companies and Trade Associations from across Europe joined together to communicate the value that medical devices and in vitro diagnostics deliver to people, health systems and the wider economy. IMSTA participated in several events during this week and the lightlights can be enjoyed ... Read more
- IMSTA ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2017 Presentations IMSTA’s Annual Conference 2017 highlighted the ‘VALUE of medtech’ in achieving quality patient outcomes. Defining ‘value’ in health care is currently trending world-wide, not only from an industry perspective – pharma, medtech and ICT, healthcare providers, clinical communities and academia are all endeavouring to articulate what ‘value’ means to them and how to apply or ... Read more
- RCSI/IMSTA HealthCare Industry Representative Credentialing Programme
The Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and IMSTA are delighted to announce a new innovative Credentialing Education Programme for Healthcare Industry Representatives (HCIRs) entering healthcare facilities for the purpose of conducting business. The programme aims to enhance the standards of training for HCIRs visiting healthcare organisations, provide assurance to ... Read more
- IMSTA Annual Conference 2017 – VALUE-BASED HEALTHCARE STRATEGIES Driving Better Outcomes IMSTA are delighted to announce details of our Annual Conference on 22nd March 2017. Titled VALUE-BASED HEALTHCARE STRATEGIES Driving Better outcomes, the Conference this year will again attract a large audience and get significant media attention.
This is a must see event, it will cover the VALUE of the medtech industry to the healthcare system, the ... Read more