- The Future Lies in Value-Based Healthcare: Why we need to encourage our customers to base procurement decisions on more than the purchasing price Justin Carty, CEO of IMSTA spoke with Irish Times journalist Sylvia Thompson
The cheapest product rarely gives customers the best value, according to Justin Carty, the CEO of the Irish Medical and Surgical Trade Association. Representing products ranging from bandages to CAT scans, Carty has to navigate a careful route when promoting the medical device industry to ... Read more
- IMSTA supports MedTech Week 19-23 June 2017 #MedTechWeek 2017 activities out now!
From 19 – 23 June IMSTA , Medtech companies and Trade Associations from across Europe joined together to communicate the value that medical devices and in vitro diagnostics deliver to people, health systems and the wider economy. IMSTA participated in several events during this week and the lightlights can be enjoyed ... Read more
- IMSTA ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2017 Presentations IMSTA’s Annual Conference 2017 highlighted the ‘VALUE of medtech’ in achieving quality patient outcomes. Defining ‘value’ in health care is currently trending world-wide, not only from an industry perspective – pharma, medtech and ICT, healthcare providers, clinical communities and academia are all endeavouring to articulate what ‘value’ means to them and how to apply or ... Read more
- RCSI/IMSTA HealthCare Industry Representative Credentialing Programme
The Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and IMSTA are delighted to announce a new innovative Credentialing Education Programme for Healthcare Industry Representatives (HCIRs) entering healthcare facilities for the purpose of conducting business. The programme aims to enhance the standards of training for HCIRs visiting healthcare organisations, provide assurance to ... Read more
- IMSTA Annual Conference 2017 – VALUE-BASED HEALTHCARE STRATEGIES Driving Better Outcomes IMSTA are delighted to announce details of our Annual Conference on 22nd March 2017. Titled VALUE-BASED HEALTHCARE STRATEGIES Driving Better outcomes, the Conference this year will again attract a large audience and get significant media attention.
This is a must see event, it will cover the VALUE of the medtech industry to the healthcare system, the ... Read more
- “Arriving into the office the following morning, with the award in hand, was a powerful feeling…” CMC Hygea share their experience of winning the IMSTA Best Primary Care/ Community Service Award at 2016’s IMSTA’s for their product LUCA (Leg Ulcer Cleaning Aid) sponsored by MANGAN O’BEIRNE, Solicitors.
Founded in 2013, CMC Hygea is based in Waterford City and specialises in innovation and design in Antimicrobial Pathogen resistant “Class 1 Medical devices for ... Read more
- IMSTA Joins Eucomed
IMSTA joins Eucomed
Eucomed is an organisation advocating for the interests of the medical device industry in Europe. It represents directly and indirectly 4,500 designers, manufacturers and suppliers of medical technology used in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. Eucomed represents a total of 11,000 legal entities in Europe. It is part of MedTech Europe, an alliance with EDMA, the European Diagnostics Manufacturers Association.
Among its members, ... Read more
- Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare. Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare.
Click here for more information on HIHI. Visit the HIHI website for details on the Call and application process
- IMSTA AWARDS 2016 – More information and Entry Forms IMSTA AWARDS 2016 – More information and Entry Forms Read more
- New regulations that will enhance patient safety and facilitate access to new technology welcomed The medical technology industry welcomes the vote on the consolidated medical device and in vitro diagnostics regulation texts by representatives of the Council and the Parliament on Wedneday 15th June.
The Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) Committee of the European Parliament and Council’s Committee of Permanent Representatives (COREPER) voted to endorse the trilogue agreement. ... Read more