- WELCOME NEW COUNCIL MEMBER, MARK COFFEY, Johnson & Johnson
Following IMSTA’s AGM on 6th April last, we are pleased to announce that Mark Coffey, Country Manager, Johnson & Johnson Medical, has been elected to Council.
David Duffy, Prospectus, and Paul Mullaly, B. Braun, have retired from Council and we would like to extend our thanks to David and Paul for all their work on behalf of ... Read more
- What does Value-Based Health Care actually mean? Value-based health care is an emerging paradigm which has the power to change health care as we know it, but in order to achieve real impact, it must be applied to the key decisions that make up care delivery.
Several hospitals, procurement and even regional health authorities, have started including health care quality and longer-term cost ... Read more
- All the latest tender notices at your fingertips on www.imsta.ie Home page
IMSTA is pleased to announce an extension of our partnership with TenderScout to provide up-to-date medical and surgical supplies government opportunities on our own IMSTA website.
Members can now browse the list of open tenders and click through to gain more details on those of interest, or to browse through TenderScout’s global database of qualified government ... Read more
- HPRA focuses on distributors We have mentioned many times before that the Health Products Regulatory Authority (formerly the Irish Medicines Board – IMB) is about to introduce fees for distributors of medical devices. This will happen this year – 2016 – though the fees may only be payable from 1st January 2017, we’ll have to wait and see.
The reason ... Read more
- “Another excellent IMSTA conference this week. I found it very useful . .”
The IMSTA Annual MedTech Conference held on 6th April in the Crowne Plaza in Santry is one of only two flagship events that the medical supply industry puts on every year. The event presents an opportunity to have industry issues publicly debated by recognised experts. The participation of senior figures from the Irish health system ... Read more
- €5m allocated to Health Innovation Hub Ireland to foster links between Irish health service and vital new technologies
A pioneering partnership between private sector companies and the health service to develop groundbreaking Irish healthcare products and research and use them to benefit Irish patients has been set up by the Government.
Minister for Jobs Richard Bruton and Minister for Health Leo Varadkar have announced €5 million in funding over five years for the Health ... Read more
- National Medical Device eAlert System
A newly developed National Medical Device eAlert System designed to streamline the management of medical device safety notices within the public health system was launched at the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland on November 30th. Developed by the HSE National Medical Devices Equipment Management Committee, in collaboration with the Quality Improvement Division (QID) and ... Read more
- PROCUREMENT: The Unexpected Driver of Value-Based Health Care Value-based procurement of medical technology is already a reality in Europe. Several contracting authorities are using health care quality and longer-term cost impact considerations in their procurement decisions. This enables them to take patient outcomes into consideration as well as other qualitative criteria, along with the total lifecycle cost and longer-term costs of ... Read more
- Code of Ethics News and Christmas Hospitality/Gift Notice MedTech Europe has agreed to phase out direct sponsorship of healthcare professionals to third-party medical conferences. After two years of work, Eucomed and EDMA codes of ethics have been updated and a single MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice has been established. On 2nd December, all Medtech Europe members voted at their Annual General ... Read more
- IMSTA MEDTECH AWARDS 2015 Joe Brolly and Mark Pollock Help Recognise and Inspire the Med Tech Industry, at Awards Night.
Joe Brolly was this year’s master of ceremony at the IMSTA MedTech Awards, held in Croke Park on Thursday evening. Guest speaker on the night was Northern Ireland adventurer Mark Pollock. However the big prize on the night went to ... Read more