- Code of Ethics News and Christmas Hospitality/Gift Notice MedTech Europe has agreed to phase out direct sponsorship of healthcare professionals to third-party medical conferences. After two years of work, Eucomed and EDMA codes of ethics have been updated and a single MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice has been established. On 2nd December, all Medtech Europe members voted at their Annual General ... Read more
- IMSTA MEDTECH AWARDS 2015 Joe Brolly and Mark Pollock Help Recognise and Inspire the Med Tech Industry, at Awards Night.
Joe Brolly was this year’s master of ceremony at the IMSTA MedTech Awards, held in Croke Park on Thursday evening. Guest speaker on the night was Northern Ireland adventurer Mark Pollock. However the big prize on the night went to ... Read more
- NEW APPROACHES for procuring Effective Healthcare Solutions Download New Approaches Report (PDF 6.4MB)
Procurement of medical technology, done properly, and with an eye toward factors other than short-term price, can greatly enhance value and efficiency in the health care system. Procurement should thus emerge as a partner to innovation and value in ensuring sustainability, access and quality in the Irish health care system.
This ... Read more
- Minister Announces Hospital Groups and Publishes The Framework for Smaller Hospitals The Minister for Health, Dr. James Reilly TD today (Tuesday, 14 May, 2013) announced a reorganisation of public hospitals into more efficient and accountable hospital groups that will deliver improved outcomes for patients. This represents the most fundamental reform of the Irish acute hospital system in decades.
The Government’s decision regarding the establishment and operation of ... Read more
- IMSTA responds to submission on Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives 18.12.2014
Following consultations within our industry, IMSTA has responded to the Public Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives. IMSTA believes our response reflects the local perspective and is consistent with the positions of other national medtech trade associations.
IMSTA’s response can be viewed on the link below.
Response ... Read more
- Director General of the HSE Launches IMSTA Conference 30.3.2015
Director General of the HSE Launches IMSTA Conference
Director General of the HSE, Mr Tony O’Brien, this morning (25th) launched the Irish Medical and Surgical Trade Association’s (IMSTA) Conference. The conference took place in the Crown Plaza near Santry.
“Events like today are important to help us transform from what I often reference as the industrial age ... Read more
- Over 100 members attend Annual Conference
WOW, what a conference! 180 attendees. The biggest ever member attendance. Representation from DoH, HSE, HIQA, HPRA, new hospital groups, VHI, BEAI, clinicians, researchers, academics, innovators – all reported that they thought it was a most informative event for them.
If you were there, you can see the Mind Map generated by our excellent MC for ... Read more
- IMSTA MEMBERS GET ACCREDITED
Are YOU proud of the training you provide with product placement?
YES ? THEN GET YOUR TRAINING ACCREDITED
IMSTA is delighted to announce to its members today that we have a new strategic alliance with the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The Faculty is ideally placed to support IMSTA members ... Read more
- Company Law Update – Mangan O’Beirne 27.5.2015
The Companies Act, 2014 (applicable from 1 June, 2015) consolidates all existing company law in Ireland.
It is the largest reform of company law undertaken in half a century and is intended to simplify running a business in Ireland.
IMSTA’s legal counsel Alan Wallace of Mangan O’Beirne has provided a summary on the main parts of the ... Read more
- Health Policy Paper 2015 28.05.2015
Firstly, a huge THANK YOU! to the nineteen (19) IMSTA members to have pledged funding for this very important project. We have covered off 76.5% of our budget to date. Late-comer pledges will be graciously received!
As you know IMSTA is in the process of finalising a Health Policy Paper which we will use to ensure ... Read more