- ENTERPRISE IRELAND Innovation Partnership for Medical Device and Associated Companies Background to the Opportunity for Companies
In the last 20 years, the Irish Medical Device and associated sectors have been a major success, showing strong growth in both indigenous and multinational companies.
Among the established subsectors in Ireland are Cardiovascular and Cardiac Rhythm Management, Orthopaedics, Opthalmic and in vitro and in vivo Diagnostics.
While maintaining leadership in manufacturing ... Read more
- Medical Device Legislation Update 4.09.2014
The Commission Formal Proposal published in September 2012 is expected to be adopted as new legislation by the end of next year, 2015. The final shape of the legislation is far from decided at this point in time and what will finally emerge will probably be quite different from what we have today.
One of the ... Read more
- IMSTA welcomes new Minister & provides Report on how medical technology can save economy €1 billion IMSTA, the association representing medical technology supply companies in Ireland, welcomed the new Minister for Health and provided him with an independent report on how medical technology improves patient healthcare, reduces in-patients hospital stays and can save the Government to €1 billion over the next 4 years.
IMSTA CEO, Mr. Justin Carty, said that the recently ... Read more
- IMSTA Annual Industry Medtech Awards Ceremony & Dinner
The IMSTA Annual Industry Medtech Awards Ceremony & Dinner took place on Thursday 3rd October at the Aviva Stadium in Ballsbridge.
The event, sponsored this year by Toyota Ireland, was attended by 180 manufacturers, distributors, stakeholders, clinicians and representatives from the wider industry to celebrate the outstanding contribution made by companies and individuals to the development ... Read more
- Over 100 members attend Annual Conference WOW, what a conference! 180 attendees. The biggest ever member attendance. Representation from DoH, HSE, HIQA, HPRA, new hospital groups, VHI, BEAI, clinicians, researchers, academics, innovators – all reported that they thought it was a most informative event for them.
If you were there, you can see the Mind Map generated by our excellent MC for ... Read more
- IMSTA responds to submission on Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives Following consultations within our industry, IMSTA has responded to the Public Consultation on the Transposition of the new EU Procurement Directives. IMSTA believes our response reflects the local perspective and is consistent with the positions of other national medtech trade associations.
IMSTA’s response can be viewed on the link below.
sites/default/files/Response ... Read more