- IMSTA Award Winner – ABBOTT DIABETES CARE – Approval given to reimburse FREESTYLE LIBRE FLASH GLUCOSE MONITORING SYSTEM
As you may have heard at IMSTA’s Annual Conference, the Minister for Health Simon Harris TD welcomed the HSE PCRS’s decision to reimburse Freestyle Libre for children and young adults
Minister Harris said “Almost 190,000 people in Ireland have diabetes. This is a chronic disease that takes a lot of management, but we have made huge ... Read more
- MedTech Europe Board Recommendations on Brexit The Board of MedTech Europe has issuing the following recommendation to IMSTA/its members:
If you have any business interaction with the UK, consider this as a critical and urgent situation requesting all your attention. Anticipate business continuity plans including a “hard Brexit” scenario that should include no recognition of your UK CE marked products in the ... Read more
- IMSTA supports MedTech Week 19-23 June 2017 #MedTechWeek 2017 activities out now!
From 19 – 23 June IMSTA , Medtech companies and Trade Associations from across Europe joined together to communicate the value that medical devices and in vitro diagnostics deliver to people, health systems and the wider economy. IMSTA participated in several events during this week and the lightlights can be enjoyed ... Read more
- Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare. Health Innovation Hub Ireland is now accepting applications for 2016 Open and Focussed Calls for Innovation Into Healthcare and Innovation Out of Healthcare.
Click here for more information on HIHI. Visit the HIHI website for details on the Call and application process
- National Medical Device eAlert System
A newly developed National Medical Device eAlert System designed to streamline the management of medical device safety notices within the public health system was launched at the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland on November 30th. Developed by the HSE National Medical Devices Equipment Management Committee, in collaboration with the Quality Improvement Division (QID) and ... Read more
- Minister Announces Hospital Groups and Publishes The Framework for Smaller Hospitals The Minister for Health, Dr. James Reilly TD today (Tuesday, 14 May, 2013) announced a reorganisation of public hospitals into more efficient and accountable hospital groups that will deliver improved outcomes for patients. This represents the most fundamental reform of the Irish acute hospital system in decades.
The Government’s decision regarding the establishment and operation of ... Read more
- European Parliament approves committee report, paving the way to achieve balanced EU rules on medical devices Plenary session endorsed essential measures that strengthen patient safety and improved the approaches on the approval system. The vote still leaves significant questions regarding the safety level for re-processing of medical devices. Overall, with this vote Parliament creates a good basis for constructive discussions and further improvements with Member States.
Brussels, 22 October 2013 – Eucomed, ... Read more
- Minister Reilly publishes eHealth Strategy for Ireland 30.01.2014
The Minister for Health, Dr James Reilly TD, published the eHealth Strategy for Ireland, the Health Identifiers Bill 2013 and announced the recruitment of a Chief Information Officer for the health services.
“The eHealth Strategy will put Ireland in a position to fully exploit all of the many benefits which today’s information and communication technology has ... Read more
- ENTERPRISE IRELAND Innovation Partnership for Medical Device and Associated Companies Background to the Opportunity for Companies
In the last 20 years, the Irish Medical Device and associated sectors have been a major success, showing strong growth in both indigenous and multinational companies.
Among the established subsectors in Ireland are Cardiovascular and Cardiac Rhythm Management, Orthopaedics, Opthalmic and in vitro and in vivo Diagnostics.
While maintaining leadership in manufacturing ... Read more
- Medical Device Legislation Update 4.09.2014
The Commission Formal Proposal published in September 2012 is expected to be adopted as new legislation by the end of next year, 2015. The final shape of the legislation is far from decided at this point in time and what will finally emerge will probably be quite different from what we have today.
One of the ... Read more